The command center is staffed by a team of 50 people who are monitoring more than 300 keywords. According to Taulbee Jackson, president and CEO of Indianapolis-based digital media agency Raidious, which is overseeing the command center operation, they are already managing more than 1,500 published responses to fan comments per day – a number expected to grow dramatically as the game approaches.
The team responds to fan comments in real-time, provides directions and venue information, as well as gathers and shares information to ensure fans don’t miss any of the action. The staff also provides fan-powered tips on what’s happening via four social media channels – Facebook,Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr. Security is a major issue and the command center will help with emergency management and as-needed crisis assistance.
Here is a list of details regarding the social media command center.
- 50 staff and volunteers working over the course of two weeks, in two shifts
- 2,800 sq ft. facility seats up to 35
- Upgraded to redundant fibre internet access (20 up / 20 down)
- iPad controlled integrated A/V system
- 9-screen monitor wall (over 100 sq feet)
- (12) 27” iMac Touch Down stations
- (6) Producer stations
- Conference Room, Reception Area, Coffee + Drinks
- Game-Planning Station overlooking Meridian Street
- Approx. 300 sq ft of whiteboard space
- Located at corner of Meridian and Maryland above the Hard Rock Cafe
- Safety – respond first to any safety-oriented issue / crisis
- Super Service – respond to any negative dialog related to the city or event, & help people have a great experience!
- Coverage – know what’s happening when and where, capture it and publish it
- Amplification – find positive dialog, or positive consumer content, and amplify it