A new research report out from the search marketing team at Group M on social media: The Influenced: Social Media, Search and the Interplay of Consideration and Consumption.
As the title suggests, the research focused on the interplay between search marketing and social media marketing, specifically;
- When consumers are exposed to social media and influenced social media, are they more likely to search, and, when they do, more likely to engage?
- Does social media exposure influence search behavior by driving search queries further down the purchase funnel where consumers are more likely to convert?
- Is there a synergy between influenced social media and search marketing that drives better performance than search only?
Some top line findings…
- Consumers exposed to a brand’s influenced social media and paid search are 2.8x more likely to search for that brand’s products
- There was a 50% CTR increase in paid search when consumers were exposed to both influenced social media and paid search
- There was a 42-point lift in searcher penetration around brand product terms when consumers were exposed to both influenced social media and paid search compared to paid alone.
Read the report below via Scribd, or download an archived copy here.